Reports To: COO & Office Manager
HUNT Insurance is in search of a Personal Lines Insurance Specialist in our Buffalo, NY office. This position is responsible for working directly with prospects and clients, assessing their personal property insurance needs (i.e. personal risk exposures, home, auto, excess, etc.), evaluating appropriate recommendations and placing coverage to address those risks.
We are looking for an experienced personal lines insurance sales professional. This person is responsible for production via leads generated by sales through HUNT Real Estate Corp. as well as developing a referral network via our branch locations. This is an independent insurance agency housed within HUNT Real Estate Corp. and will benefit from sales tools and marketing materials provided by HUNT Real Estate Corp. and HUNT Insurance Agency.
- Market and sell personal lines insurance: Property and Casualty
- Proactively contact real estate client leads to recommend appropriate insurance and place coverage
- Proactively market insurance services to HREC branch professionals
- Identify and contact non-realty lead sources to assess, recommend and secure appropriate insurance coverage
- Conduct annual coverage reviews to identify and cover additional risk exposures
- Execute account quotes, applications, endorsements, binders and renewals
- Build, foster and maintain professional relationships with clients and prospects
- Build and maintain professional relationships with HUNT Real Estate Corp. staff, real estate sales associates and lending personnel to maximize sales opportunities
- Must possess NYS Property and Casualty or Personal Lines License
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience and knowledge
- 3–5 years of successful personal lines insurance sales experience
- Working knowledge of all personal lines insurance, insurance agency operations, coverages, rates, markets and applicable insurance laws/codes/regulations
- CRM and/or Applied Epic knowledge (preferred)
- Recent working knowledge of risk assessment and risk management techniques.
- Excellent sales and marketing skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent follow-up and organization skills